Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Massachusetts

I live in Massachusetts and am having a problem with my mortgage co. They forced an escrow payment almost 2 years ago and my payments increased to over $2000 amonth I was told over the phone they would extend the mortgage 60 months and decrease payments I have been trying to get paperwork from them on this and other issues and no luck. Now they are saying the mortgage has matured and they want payment in full. Do I have any legal action I can take in this matter. I have had several other issues with this company and am having a really hard time with them.

Asked on 4/24/11, 2:35 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Warren Wood Law Offices of Warren Wood

It quite possible that your legal rights have been violated. These cases usuallt require attorneys who are experienced in defending homeowners against mortgage company and mortgage servicer misconduct.

The Law Office of Warren E. Wood, Llc. handles these type cases and fights for your legal rights against powerful banks and their minions.

Initial consultations are always free. Time is always of the essence in these cases.

Call us after you have assembled all your loan documents and correspondence with the bank.

Read more
Answered on 4/24/11, 2:56 pm

Mr. Wood is correct it is quite possible your rights have been violated and I would contact an attorney. It is rare that a Mortgage company would refuse to extend the term of a mortgage if the borrower is making payments.

I would also contact the attorney general's office, but you need an attorney now.

Read more
Answered on 4/24/11, 3:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Massachusetts