Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Massachusetts

I have been married for 10 years. I want to put my husbands name on the deed for the house. I currently have a mortgage on the property in my name only. Will there be any issues?

Asked on 1/02/18, 6:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Vaughn-Martel Charles River Law Partners, LLC

Thank you for your question.

You should not have any problems. It is probably a violation of your mortgage to transfer an interest in the mortgaged property to anyone, but federal law allows transfers to certain family members, including spouses. You may want an attorney to draft the deed and record it for you to make sure it is done properly.

Read more
Answered on 2/14/18, 8:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Massachusetts