Legal Question in Personal Injury in Michigan

My friend was injured in an accident but was also being treated for a serious medical problem are the tests and treatment he received during his leave for the accident that were unrelated to the accident claim covered by his insurance

Asked on 2/18/10, 10:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Bello Lawsuit Financial Corporation

I am not clear on which insurance you are asking about. The unrelated treatment would be covered by his medical insurance; the related treatment would be covered by his auto no-fault (PIP) coverage or his medical coverage or both, depending on the coverages he has. His wage loss would still be covered by his no-fault policy, if he was disabled from the injuries in the accident, even if he had some unrelated condition that required treatment. If he was already disabled from the other condition before the accident happened, he would not be entitled to wage loss benefits in the accident, unless he recovered from the previous condition and was still disabled from the accident. Complicated question, complicated response; hopefully, this answers your questions.

Read more
Answered on 2/23/10, 3:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Michigan