Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Michigan

what is an order regarding alternate service ? It looks like a attorney office acting on the behalf of Ford Motor Co. to collect a $4,000 remaining balance that we are not able to pay. Is this something I should really lose sleep over ?

Asked on 3/29/12, 8:12 am

2 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

The next step is you will be considered served and if you do nothing, a judgment will be issued against you. Then the plaintiff has a much easier time of collecting now or in the future. You should consult with an attorney or at least answer the complaint to avoid a judgment.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/12, 9:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Michigan