Legal Question in Criminal Law in Michigan

If my boyfriend got caught selling to an undercover and took all 4 counts of the sails. And now they're trying to get me to plea to a delivery of marijuana just because I was their at our house and the lease was in both our names. And he asked me from the living room when I was in the kitchen to hand him a plastic baggy. And I did so. Can I still be charged with the charge that he pled guilty to . I never made no phone calls no business deals didn't weight nothing didn't put anything into bags didn't hand no bags to anyone didn't take any money. The only thing I'm guilty of is knowing he sold to him n admitting after he pled guilty to all the charges can they still get me for delivery?

Asked on 8/16/13, 8:40 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Kronzek Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C.

You have a fairly complex question that can't be accurately answered without more information. I recommend that you phone our main office in Lansing to speak with one of our criminal defense team members. You can reach them at 517 886-1000.

You can read more at:

Read more
Answered on 8/16/13, 8:57 am

Neil O'Brien Eaton County Chief Assistant Prosecuting Attorney

A person can be convicted as an "aider or abettor" for criminal conduct committed by another person if the aider/abettor knew that the other person was intending to commit the crime, did something to assist, encourage or help the person in committing the crime, and intended that the act would assist, encourage or help the person commit the crime. If you just know that someone else is committing a crime and you do nothing to help them do it, to encourage them to do it, etc., then you are probably not on the hook as an aider/abettor. But giving someone a baggie in which drugs were to be packaged to deliver to another person could expose you to being charged if you knew that he was asking you for a baggie for that purpose.

Read more
Answered on 8/16/13, 10:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Michigan