Legal Question in Criminal Law in Michigan

My Boyfriend recently got into Assn argument in front of my house with his ex wife. She called the police and falsely accused him of spitting on her, he went to jail. Now we are trying to go to jury trial but she is threatening to put his 6 year old on the stand which he would like to avoid.. It's not right. We have witnesses that say they seen the entire argument and Steve never spit or got physical. But they didn't come to settlement. His exes attorney offered to lower the charge to disorderly person. My boyfriend is on probation in another city for dv charges from a fight him &I got into awhile back. If he pleads guilty to the dp charge what are his chance of jail time? We are about to have a baby any time now, I only have4 weeks left and he does not want to miss that! Would he go to jail for violating? Can his ex really put their 6 year old on the stand? What should we do? He is the only one working right now do err can't really afford a lawyer.

Asked on 7/22/13, 8:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Kronzek Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C.

Your boyfriend would be foolish to go through a jury trial without an attorney. He wouldn't go through surgery without a surgeon, right? Find the money to hire an experienced attorney to fight for him.

You can read more at:

Read more
Answered on 7/22/13, 9:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Michigan