Legal Question in Criminal Law in Michigan

my girlfriend sold a gun for he x then they broke up and he said he was going to call the cops and say she stoled the gun if she did not pay him so much money so she payed him and got a notarized receipt now about 2 months later he says he wants more money or he is going to call them again and have her put in jail

Asked on 4/07/13, 6:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward Sternisha Law Office of Edward J. Sternisha, PLLC

You have not asked a question. First, he can't put her in jail. The police arrest people and the prosecutor presses the charges. Individuals cannot do it themselves. Second, it sounds like he may be committing the crime of extortion which is a felony. She may want to call the police or sit down with a lawyer first. Good Luck!

Read more
Answered on 4/07/13, 6:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Michigan