Legal Question in DUI Law in Michigan

If someone violates their current probation in a different county will it be reported immediately to their probation officer?

Asked on 7/07/13, 10:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Brown Brown & Associates, Legal Services, PLLC

It depends on what the alleged violation was. Were you arrested for a new offense? Typically the arresting officer will notify the other jurisdiction. Your probation officer will ask if you had any police contact or will run your name through various databases to catch it. You should contact an attorney immediately to discuss this matter. Often times with the assistance of counsel the consequences can be minimized or there may be no reported violation depending on the surrounding facts and circumstances. Feel free to contact me for a free review of your situation.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 9:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Michigan