Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

I am currently going through a devorice after 12 years of marriage. I was sick of being treated the way I was and said I have had enough when that wasn't enough to get him to leave me along e about it I told him I cheated on him. Now he wont give me the 5 things I want from the house. I havent worked in years i was a sray at home mom. When we seperated I ledt the house and moved in 3 doors down from my mon si I was close to my babies. He took money from our taxes to pay for his lawyer and im screwed with no lawyer. As of rigbt now he has sole physical custody of the kids. I have joint. I hate it but once again. IM broke and have no money for a lawyer. I had a few question because he keeps telling me that since I cheated on gin I'm prison. He also refuses to give me the 5 things I want. Telling me I dont deserve anything. And why do I have two court dates I am currently paying child support and I have a job at Meijers making minimum wage. I already have a wage garnishment and I can barely afford to live. What do I do I'm scared to death to go to prison for leaving a man who has done things to me mentally and physically.

Asked on 7/10/13, 9:55 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

William Stern William Stern, P.C.

You are not going to be prosecuted for cheating on your husband. However, it sounds like you should contact a place for some help. Try Haven at 248- 334-1274.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 4:00 am

Thomas Loeb Law Offices of Thomas M. Loeb

First, you need to post your zip code. That is very important as it tells us in what county you are in.

You can ask the judge to make him pay for a lawyer for you. Interview with some divorce lawyers in your area and they can explain this to you...


Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 7:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan