Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

I filed for divorce in August' 2017 in Michigan. My spouse and I were married for only 14 months. I earned only 50 k per year while we were married but after our separation and after I filed for divorce I got a new job and I now earn more than 200 K per annum and my wife doesn't earn anything. I know I will have to pay her half of my salary and half of 401 k savings that I earned during the duration of marriage. But will I have to pay her half of my every month salary after I filed for divorce and until the divorce is finalized ?? It's been 4 months since we have been separated, but the divorce is ongoing. We do not have kids, so she has not filed for child support, nor for alimony. Thanks.

Asked on 11/21/17, 12:34 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Presumably you want a complete and accurate answer to your question. That requires more information than you provided. Hopefully your divorce attorney has all of the information needed to give you an accurate answer so you should direct your question to that attorney.

Read more
Answered on 11/21/17, 12:52 pm
Christopher Brown Brown & Associates, Legal Services, PLLC

Do not presume you would have to pay any portion of your salary. See and feel free to contact my office. I would be happy to advise you.

Read more
Answered on 11/21/17, 1:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan