Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

What do i need to do to transfer guardianship for my son to his grandmother?

Asked on 1/19/10, 4:16 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Stuart Collis Collis, Griffor & Hendra, PC

You need to file a petition for change in guardianship.

Read more
Answered on 1/24/10, 5:30 am
Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

Is there a guardianship in place? I would think not, because it is your child and parents don't need guardianships. If it for someone else, that is a different story. Anyway, the correct procedure is to file a petition with the court. Tim Klisz

Read more
Answered on 1/24/10, 8:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan