Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Michigan

I was raped five years ago in the state of Michigan when I was 19, but don't have the rapist name or anything. Can I still file an police report after 5 years?

Asked on 3/13/12, 9:52 am

2 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

I would call the police to find out. It seems strange to be getting around to it after all this time, but I believe the statute of limitations on a crime like this is 6 years, so they might investigate.

Read more
Answered on 3/14/12, 2:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Michigan