Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Michigan

My mother was involved in a class action law suit before she passed away that I was also involved in my sister opt out of it. They finally have a settlement. The lawyer that is handling it couldnt find me because I have changed my phone number since last year so he looked up my mother death certificate and found my sister which she is the oldest and signed for my mother cremation which the state paid for Michigan. My sister lied to the lawyer and told him she didn't have a number for me or knew my whereabouts and have not seen me in a year and all she know is that i had a baby in January (this one was the only truth). Which all were lies I had just spoken with my sister a few weeks ago when she kept my baby while I went to work. So the lawyer had her sign off for probate court and an estate to be opened for my mother without my knowledge or consent. I had recieved word of this and I called him so he found me plus I had to sign for my personal case. So he told me the check will come back to my sister and I would have to get my portion of money from her which is not going to happen because she is a liar, thief and not loyal I would not have agreed to her being the personal representative at all. What can I do about this? Do I have any rights in this at all?....I was dealing with all of this before my mother passed and after her death. Please help with some advice to get my share my 50%!

Asked on 6/19/13, 11:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

Yes, hire an experienced probate lawyer to look out for your rights. You are always able to have independent representation and it sounds like this is very important in your case.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/13, 5:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Michigan