Legal Question in Workers Comp in Michigan

my father received a settlement from his company for a lump sum after a six year battle, he signed papers agreeing to the lump sum but passed away before the final court date. Is my mom (his wife) able to receive that settlement money?

Asked on 3/04/12, 6:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Stern William Stern, P.C.

I cannot answer for certain as you do not give any specifics, such as what the case was about. For most cases, if your father signed the settlement papers, then your mother could get the money but she may have to file probate. However, if it was a workers' compensation case, then your mother may be entitled to only part of the money or none at all.

Read more
Answered on 3/04/12, 6:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Michigan