Legal Question in Business Law in Minnesota

This inquire is for addition to future employment contracts. I am based in MN. Recently had a non employee subcontracting 100% commission paid sales rep quit with no notice. Payment as stated in my contract with them is pay on pay from our manufacturer. I am going to pay them for all sales they did as I receive payment as agreed on. The issue is that this quitting has really put me at a disadvantage as I am now without coverage in their area. There was no signs of trouble with this individual. In fact I had talked with them a few days before as a regular check in to see how it was going any issues, ect. No complaints from them at that time. In future contracts I would like to add some sort of non payment component on future payment for a associate who quits without notice, even though the sales were booked, but we have not been paid on yet. Is this legal and acceptable?

Asked on 11/05/14, 2:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Anderson Anderson Business Law LLC

You need a valid and legal Sales Rep contract enforceable under

Minnesota Law

I have experience in this area

Read more
Answered on 11/05/14, 6:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Minnesota