Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

Original charge is fifth degree meth I was released with conditions I failed a u.a due to a Vicodin which violated my terms of release I pled guilty to violating my terms and the judge tacked on 500 to my bail can they bargin that Vicodin against my original charge

Asked on 11/06/15, 9:30 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Samuel Edmunds Sieben | Edmunds PLLC

No. All they can do on a conditional release violation is to change your conditions of release. If it's instead a probation violation, then the violation could lead to up to the maximum sentence. You should stop with these online Q&A forums and talk to your own lawyer instead.

Read more
Answered on 11/07/15, 6:16 am
Christopher Keyser Keyser Law, P.A.

It sounds like you're asking whether the State can charge you with an additional drug possession offense for having the Vicodin in your system, or somehow use the fact that you had Vicodin in your system to pressure you into pleading guilty to the meth charge. The answer is "no." Having the Vicodin in your system was (apparently) a violation of your conditional release only.

Read more
Answered on 11/07/15, 1:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota