Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

I am currently serving a 12o sentence for a probation violation. I am currently getting work release. Due to the fact I have my own business (I work from home) and that I can be called to a meeting, meet a new client etc. at a moments notice, and more importantly business can come in for me at all hours, this is not working out the best for me. My question is, what is the process I would need to go through to request ehm rather than jail with work release?

Asked on 10/18/12, 8:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nathan Hansen Nathan M. Hansen, Attorney at Law

The first person you would want to talk to about this is your probation officer. If it is OK with them, they may help you. If it's OK with your probation officer, then you should have your attorney help you make the arrangements with the Judge to modify the Order. This all assumes, however, the the Sheriff's criteria make you eligible for the EHM program. You should also speak with your caseworker at the Jail about this.

Nathan Hansen

Read more
Answered on 10/18/12, 8:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota