Legal Question in DUI Law in Minnesota

If I get a underage consumptiom citation an possession of alcohol citation while driving an let go. Can the same state trooper drop the 2 charges an re write me 2 new citations? The citations are a underage possession of alcohol an a under 21 drinking an driving?

Asked on 9/28/14, 12:18 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Samuel Edmunds Sieben | Edmunds PLLC

Yes. The officer has the discretion to void one citation and issue another. What's most important for you to do now is to retain an experienced attorney to defend you. These are serious charges.

(651) 994-6744

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 9/28/14, 4:58 am
Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

Yes. Charges may always be amended, right up to the point of a trial.

Read more
Answered on 9/29/14, 5:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Minnesota