Legal Question in Entertainment Law in Minnesota

I'm starting a digital only records label, I need to know what tax forms (if any) my artists will have to fill out. Also where can I get info on withholding taxes? I'm based out of MN, USA, but some of my artists are from Russia and Holland, what forms do they need? I also need to know what tax form I will have to fill out. I DO NOT want to have problem because of taxes. I'm willing to pay my part.

Asked on 7/16/13, 8:47 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. The sort of attorney help you are seeking is known as small business formation. Any Minnesota licensed attorney should be able to help you. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq.

Phone: 612-296-9666




Read more
Answered on 7/17/13, 6:45 am
Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

I am afraid that a full review of your business model would be necessary including a review of any contracts you may have with artists.

For a consultation call 612-240-8005.

Read more
Answered on 7/17/13, 7:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in Minnesota