Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

My divorce decree states both my ex and I can claim our son on taxes every other year. The change is that my son decided to live with his dad and I now have to pay support. The paperwork that was filed making the change to physical custody and child support mentions nothing about taxes. Does this mean I can still claim my son or do I have to go back to court to fix this?

Asked on 9/07/16, 11:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

It remains the same unless or until the court order is modified.

Read more
Answered on 9/10/16, 6:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota