Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

I have been recently divorced, and in the divorce decree it states that I shall split any workers comp. settlements at at certain %. I recently got a check for blank $ for lawyers fees sub. 7 it " final payment for subd. 7 fees". Seeing how it says payment, I would think that it is not considered a settlement. I asked my work comp attorney he advised me I ask a family lawyer that is my question.

Asked on 9/05/13, 4:44 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. I agree that you should confer with a family law attorney as to this matter. You are welcome to contact me. The attorney assisting you will want to review the exact wording of the divorce decree in light of the present issue.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq.

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. Daily





Read more
Answered on 9/05/13, 5:28 pm

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

You must have your court order reviewed by an experienced attorney. There is no real way to respond without understanding more about the decree and the payment.

Maury D. Beaulier

Attorney at Law

(612) 240-8005

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 9/06/13, 7:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota