Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Minnesota

what are the excessive noise laws in northfield,mn.? and , is there a fine between certain hrs.? desire a free answer,please

Asked on 2/22/11, 8:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Kane Law Offices of Robert D. Kane, Jr.

Sec. 50-87. - Noisy parties or assemblies.

(a) Any person who participates in any party or assembly of two or more people from which noise emanates of a sufficient volume or of sufficient nature to disturb the peace, quiet or repose of another person is guilty of a misdemeanor. Any owner or tenant of the place at which a disturbance is occurring, who has knowledge of the disturbance and fails to immediately abate the disturbance, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

(b) A police officer may order all persons present at a noisy party or assembly prohibited in subsection (a) of this section, other than the owners or tenants of the place at which the disturbance is occurring, to immediately disburse. Any person who shall refuse to leave after being so ordered to do so by a police officer shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

Read more
Answered on 2/23/11, 7:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Minnesota