Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Minnesota

I pay rent for my room. The roof has been leaking since i moved in. It even leaks above my bed. My landlord told me to duct tape it. I have found several mice upstairs and the main floor has mouse turds all over the place. I dont have a door for my room, my window can't open, and there's loose insulation in the ceiling. I live in Duluth, MN, and i'm wondering since my landlord is refusimg to deal with the leaky roof or the mice problems is there any legal advise you can give me. Anything will be appreciated.

Asked on 6/29/17, 9:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Anderson Anderson Business Law LLC

Call the CIty of Duluth Inspections office or St. Louis County Health Department and ask to have your unit inspected. They will likely issue repair/ terminate orders to the LL. Afterwards, LL will not be able to raise your rent or evict you in retaliation for the inspection request.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/17, 3:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Minnesota