Legal Question in Tax Law in Minnesota

Can my ex boyfriend claim our children on his taxes if he has not established paternity?

Asked on 1/09/10, 6:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Chris Sullivan Sullivan Law Office, PLLC

Generally, only the custodial parent is allowed to claim children as dependents. The custodial parent is determined by IRS guidelines as the parent where the children reside more than half the year.

See IRS Publication 504 for more details.

Read more
Answered on 1/14/10, 6:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Minnesota