Legal Question in Traffic Law in Minnesota

A few nights ago I was driving in an unfamiliar area, and I accidentally turned the wrong way down a one way street. I realized right away I had made that mistake, and turned into a parking lot. I turned around in the parking lot and pulled back onto the one way (this time in the right direction), and realized a cop waiting at the light had put his lights on. However, he didn't actually move or make any kind of move to follow me. I wasn't sure what to do because I could no longer safely pull back into the parking lot, so I attempted to follow the policeman, because I figured he might have got my car on tape and got my license plate and everything, and didn't want to be accused of fleeing the scene. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make the light and I lost him. I went back to the parking lot and waited about 20 minutes to see if he would come back, but he didn't. My question is whether I should report myself or something, because I am worried that I could be accused of running away?

Asked on 11/05/13, 8:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. I do not understand why you feel that you may be perceived as having 'run' from the police, but it there are circumstances causing you to have such a worry, I urge you then to confer privately with an attorney at this time. This sort of assistance is known as 'pre-charge criminal defense', even if you never ultimately are charged with any sort of crime.

Tricia Dwyer Esq

Ph: 612-296-9666

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Minnesota Criminal Defense

Minnesota Pre-Charge Criminal Representation

Read more
Answered on 11/06/13, 5:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Minnesota