Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Minnesota

I have power of attorney without limitations for my dad. My niece is in a financial bind at the moment. May I loan her $2000-$3000 from my dad's checking account?

Asked on 9/30/13, 7:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sam Calvert Calvert Law Office

You probably can, but it's probably a bad idea.

What if the niece does not pay back?

You could be "accused" of not using reasonable business judgment on behalf of your dad.

If she's that good a risk, why isn't a bank lending to her?

Send her to or one of the other peer-to-peer lending sites.

Read more
Answered on 10/01/13, 2:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Minnesota