Legal Question in Workers Comp in Minnesota

I already have a workers comp attorney for my claim. we just had mediation yesterday. but, that is not what my question is about. I have asked my lawyer and he never gives me a straight answer. I was in a roll over accident in oct of 2011. I had a severe traumatic brain injury along with other injuries. The insurance company was paying me but they never treated me for my headaches I was having and I got a letter from them that wasnt ment for me. they tried to get me to work without treating my brain injury. now, due to my not being treated in a timely matter I believe that I have suffered irreversable harm that could have been avoided had they treated me at the time of the accident when I complained of it. Do I have any recourse for their lack of prompt treatment. and trying to actually discontinue my treatment along with bosses help? it was discussed and I gave my lawyer the letter I recieved. I should think I could get more than the normal benifits from the insurance company for complicity like that. Isn't it criminal? if they would have treated me immediatly I most likely would have recovered soon after. Now. perhaps I never will. most likely I never will. and they think I wish to only live on social security for my life.

Asked on 7/02/13, 5:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. This website provides general information, not detailed and private legal advice. Since you feel you are not getting an answer from your attorney, please do contact another attorney for help. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/13, 7:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Minnesota