Legal Question in Business Law in Mississippi

Needing a new windshield, my husband paid a deposit for the part. The shop then broke the windshield, forcing him not only to drive home under these conditions, but refused to refund him the deposit. Does he have recourse?

Asked on 8/30/11, 1:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin B. Murphy Franchise Foundations, APC

As a Franchise Attorney I can it does appear he has recourse. Unfortunately, he would need to bring an action in small claims court, get a judgment and then collect on the judgment. The issue is how much is the deposit and will it be worth all your time and effort to go through small claims court. Consult with a good business or franchise attorney in your area for specific advice.

Mr. Franchise - Kevin B. Murphy, B.S., M.B.A., J.D.

Franchise Foundations, a Professional Corporation

Read more
Answered on 9/01/11, 9:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Mississippi