Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi

The father of my grandson is keeping him away from me. Do I have any legal rights to see my grandson?

Asked on 10/25/11, 7:53 am

2 Answer from Attorneys

Dustin Thomas Law Offices of Dustin N. Thomas, PLLC

Yes, you may have the right to see him. We have a grandparents visitation statute. You must show it is in the child's best interest to visit with you, that father has custody and is unreasonably denying visitation. You did not say anything about the mother but in can make a difference if mom was your child or if the father is your son. See a layer to review the statute requirements. You may first have to pay attorney fees to the father.

Read more
Answered on 10/26/11, 9:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi