Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Mississippi

My boyfriend gave me his old computer after mine broke and now he wants it back after we've broken up. He started acting crazy about it so he was banned from the property by the owners. Now he is saying that he is going file felony charges against me and the owners for keeping his property. Can he do that?

Asked on 2/15/14, 9:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anders Ferrington Anders Ferrington PLLC

He can attempt to file criminal charges. The issue would be whether or not they would hold up in court. If it is an old computer it is highly unlikely it has the value needed to even charge a felony

Read more
Answered on 2/15/14, 1:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Mississippi