Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Mississippi

My husband and I live on property that was owed by his father. We have paid taxes on the land and home since his father's death in 2009. There was no will and there is only one heir...his sister, who is willing to forfeit her rights to the property. What is the best way to go about having the ownership transferred to my husband. Do we have to have an attorney or is this something that can be handled between him and his sister alone? We are in the state of MS.

Asked on 7/07/13, 11:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Matusheski Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski

You should get an attorney to assist you as you will probably need to open an estate in chancery court.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 5:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Mississippi