Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Mississippi

My grandfather died a couple of years ago and left his wife owing money on a place that my family has been living on for over twenty years. She has demanded money from my family to pay off the loan but won't sign the place over in my father's name so that he can be assured that he will have a place to live. Does my family have any kind of squatter's rights or do they need to cut their losses?

Asked on 7/13/13, 5:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Matusheski Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski

Your family may have a claim of adverse possession over the property.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/13, 5:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Mississippi