Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Mississippi

My brother and mother forced me to move onto my brothers property 8 years ago. My address, water meter, and power pole is all in my name and my address is the only address associate with this propery for the last 6 years. My husband and I are the only ones that have been doing all the upkeep on the property. My brother told me that he wanted $12,000 for 5.54 acres. The only home is the one I purchased 8 years ago. He is going to sell the property out from under me which means I will have to move my home and all property. I have also paid the land taxes for the past 2-3 years. Do I have any rights or do I have to jus move my home?

Asked on 6/18/13, 7:50 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Matusheski Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski

There is not enough information here to definitively answer your questions. However, you may have to move your home if the property is sold. See if there is a surrender clause in the terms of your land-lease entered into with your brother/mother.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 5:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Mississippi