Legal Question in Traffic Law in Mississippi

I'm a 19 year old from florida and i was in mississippi interning. I was hit by someone who ran a red light, and was driving with a suspended license and no insurance. I also had no insurance and i was driving a rental car. Ouch. The city police in Cleveland,Ms issued me a citation saying i was driving without insurance. (which is true) . the person who hit me was arrested on spot for driving with a suspended license. I think the officer slipped and said it was automatically his fault because his license was suspended. The no insurance ticket i got is for 604$. theres no way i can pay that! He completely spelled my name wrong Put my last name as my first name the first name is spelled wrong, but the address and social are correct. Is there any way i can get out of this ticket? If so how?? Thanks, all the best

Asked on 9/03/13, 11:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Everett Pepper Pepper & Odom, P.C.

You need to hire a traffic ticket defense lawyer to help beat the ticket.The bad part is that attorney fees will likely be more than the $604 ticket, so its your call whether you want to spend the money to keep your driving record clean, and even then there is no guarantee that you will beat it. Every city and county court in Mississippi is different when it comes to fighting traffic violations. Best Wishes.

Read more
Answered on 9/04/13, 10:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Mississippi