Legal Question in Veterans Law in Mississippi

I was denied a claim by the VA in 1998, and cannot find a copy of the letter. How do I obtain a copy of that letter?

Asked on 7/27/09, 1:50 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Gibson John W. Gibson, Esquire

There will be a copy in your V.A. file. Just send a letter requesting it under the Privacy Act.

Read more
Answered on 8/03/09, 2:56 pm
Jill Mitchell-Thein Heard & Smith, LLP

I would advise that you go ahead and ask for a complete copy of your entire file and not just the one document. Send the request to your regional office.

Read more
Answered on 10/05/09, 6:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Veterans Law questions and answers in Mississippi