Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Mississippi

How would one go about obtaining a lawyer in Mississippi to contest a will when we are from another state. ( we have found the communications with probate lawyer very vague (he is in MS, we are from a different state) and need to avoid this with an attorney that can handle contesting a will.) My father died in MS, the will is probated in MS. In the state of Mississippi how do the courts define personal items, tangible, legacy, and what does"contents" of a home consist of?

Executrix has also been informed and shown positive evidence that items have been sold belonging to the testator, which the executrix has not authorized. What can be done as executrix is in different state.

Asked on 12/07/11, 8:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Albert Pettigrew Law Offices Ph 228-875-8736

I do probate work in Harrison and Jackson Counties along the Mississippi Gulf Coast. If your case is elsewhere, I might be able to assist by sharing your need for a referral with other attorneys on a statewide listserver. Otherwise, you can use the LawGuru attorney search engine and include the relevant town in your search terms.

Read more
Answered on 12/08/11, 7:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Mississippi