Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Mississippi


What can be done to make a bank accept a DPOA in the state of MS?

Can they be charged with a lawsuit?

Asked on 9/29/08, 12:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Albert Pettigrew Law Offices Ph 228-875-8736

Re: Poa

The contract between the bank and the principal account holder controls. If it does not require the bank to honor the durable power of attorney, you probably need to have a conservatorship established in order to manage the money with that bank.

Read more
Answered on 9/29/08, 1:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Mississippi