Legal Question in Business Law in Missouri

can a company garnish wages if a mistake is made on the job?

Asked on 10/17/14, 12:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Generally, an employer cannot make additional reductions from earned pay without permission or a Court Order. That doesn't mean that some do anyway. The employer will not get a Court Order to withhold, unless a case was filed and it went to judgment. If an employer wrongfully with olds pay, they can be liable to the employee for much more than they withheld.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 10/17/14, 1:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Missouri