Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Missouri

can i sue for mental anguish from being in prison

Asked on 10/02/12, 10:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

If you were wrongly convicted, or slandered by false testimony, you might successfully sue for the damages you described. If you were lawfully convicted, but mistreated while incarcerated, you might also sure for that. By, if you just had a negative reaction to bring licked up, the law may not recognize such a claim. You should consult directly Witt a civil practice attorney in your area. Many offer a free or low cost initial consultation. Take any supporting documents, and explain your reasons for selling relief.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 10/03/12, 12:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Missouri