Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Missouri

A non related person living in my house bought a water softener and did not pay for it. The softener company put a lien on my property. Can they do that?

Asked on 4/16/13, 1:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

If it was installed into the plumbing system, the unpaid supplier might be able to enforce a mechanics lien, if you knew about it. You may need to employ counsel, if you wish to have it removed (the lien) .

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 4/17/13, 5:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Missouri