Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

I have been convicted of felony and am currently doing five years probation with a six year back up. My question is, I took the plea offer, which included the probation and 100 hrs of community service, but I have medical issues that have made it difficult. I suffer from plantars faciitis in my feet and I work ten hours a day. Long story short, I have been told by my doctor not to be on my feet for more than an hour at a time. I am on my feet a lot more than that and it is literally all I can do to make it through the work week. I can barely walk and pend the weekend limping around in pain trying to let my feet heal. My question is can I request a change in sentence, I would gladly pay a healthy fine. I cannot miss work, and casp has been less than helpful finding work that is not painful. Thanks for any help, insight.

Asked on 11/19/13, 4:18 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Harvath Harvath Law Offices-INJURY case representation

Hi. I am a Missouri criminal defense attorney that handles matters in most parts of the state. To answer your question, yes, it may be possible to potentially alter the terms of the plea agreement, given your limitations caused by your medical condition. One issue is whether your doctor has specifically given you restrictions on the amount of time you can be on your feet. Also, it would be necessary to review a copy of the guilty plea agreement to determine what could be worked out with the prosecutor.

For your convenience, I can be reached via e-mail if additional information is needed at [email protected], or by phone at (314) 471-5585.

Note: This answer is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice. The use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship or privilege between the user and the attorney responding.

Read more
Answered on 11/29/13, 11:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri