Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

Felony Charges

Hi, I really need help right now. I am a college student and I used to work in a bank. Yesterday the bank gave me a anniversary envenlop and then somehow a 1000 was laying beside my envelop. so I made a mistake and I knew I was making a mistake. yea I took taht money and out in the envelop. but then my co-woker saw it..and he asked me what is that..then my supervisor saw it..and I natrually said..NO..NO..then I gave the money back to the bank had to inform the police..and file a police report..I talk with the policeman..and he told me there is a big chance that I will get a felony charge.which I am so so so regretting what I have done.I coporated with the police and he said he will file a report to the state proscrution attenory to see what they will say and he told me they are either going to drop the charge. or they are gonna charge me with felony which is gonna go with my whole life.

It is the finals week and I couldnt sleep and I cry everyday..I've never ever done anything liek this before and I just dont want my whole future get ruined i dont know what got into me that day..but.I am just really really looking for an answer...I want to know how big of the possibility that I will be charged with the felony charge?

Asked on 5/06/04, 3:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Re: Felony Charges

In my opinion it is very likely that the prosecutor will file the felony charge against you. If this happens, you should hire an attorney immediately. In fact, you probably should hire an attorney before it happens. Your attorney can often negotiate for you regarding a bond, and in many places we can make arrangements for you to turn yourself in rather than be arrested at home, in class, or at work. Then you can simply go in, get processed, and get released without having to spend any time in jail waitng to make bond. Then your attorney should be able to negotiate a plea bargain for you which will keep you out of prison and perhaps even keep you from having a conviction on your record. If this event took place in the Eastern half of the state, you may call me for a free telphone consultation at 314-727-2822. I have handled hundreds of felony cases in many different courts over the twenty-six years I have been practicing law.

Read more
Answered on 5/06/04, 11:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri