Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

child custody

if a man has custody of his children but in his divorce his wife wanted custody of his daughters and child support and she was granted custody & child support. since the divorce the man's wife gave the man custody but not legally ..she wrote it on a piece of paper. the wife does not want custody and has since remarried but still wants the child support money and to claim the children on her taxes. the man has tried to take her back to court several times but her lawyer cancels the day of hearing. the man just wants to have custody of his children and not to pay child support. how can he make the ex wife show up in court.

Asked on 6/06/06, 10:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeffrey Carey Carey Law Firm, LLC

Re: child custody

If she is served with a motion to modify child custody then the Court has jurisdiction to enter appropriate orders.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/06, 11:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri