Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

Extension of Monetary obligation by Divorce Decree.

How can I Extend the 90 days given to me by the Courts in Clay County MO to pay my Ex Wife. What has to be done? I tried to get a Re Hearing but was refused by the Commissioner (judge). I make a low wage and is a Financial Hardship to repay this. Would like at Least 6 months to repay??

Thank you for your time

Dan Honeycutt

Asked on 4/07/04, 4:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Susan Frederick Susan S. Frederick

Re: Extension of Monetary obligation by Divorce Decree.

You probably can't get an "extension", but you should pay as much as you can on a regular (monthly or weekly) basis so that if your former wife files a motion for contempt, you can show the court that you are at least attempting to pay the debt. If you can negotiate a different payment arrangement with your ex-wife, be sure to get it in writing and signed by both of you.

Read more
Answered on 4/07/04, 5:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri