Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

High School drop out/childsupport

My son dropped out of high school, he and his father lied to me about it. He was out for over 6 months, but is now enrolled in community college. Am I still responsible to pay child support? I am also paying for all of his tuition (which makes no metion of in divorce decree)on top of child support? He is currently 17 will be 18 soon, could have been 16 when he dropped out. HELP

Asked on 5/11/05, 2:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Re: High School drop out/childsupport

Under Missouri law child support continues at least until the child reaches the age of 18 years unless the child is emancipated. Dropping out of high school certainly does not automatically mean that the child is emancipated. If you are located in the Eastern part of the state and are not already represented by an attorney, you may call me for a free telephone consultation at 314-727-2822.

Read more
Answered on 5/11/05, 7:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri