Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

Can I legally move out of my mothers house to my fathers? I'm 14, and my older sister already moved out of my moms several years ago to live with my dad. My mom is bipolar and we think she has other mental problems as well, but she won't get tested. She is always screaming about something and telling me how worthless I am and cussing at me all of the time. She used to hit my sister when I was little but we don't have any proof. Where should I get started to move out? She is doing the same thing to me that she did to my older sister that caused her to move out.

Asked on 11/26/12, 6:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

You don't tell us whether there is a Court Order of custody. In any event, you do not have the legal right to make any move due to your age. I'd suggest talking to your father about this. If tthere is a Court Order, he may have the legal right to go to Court and have that Order changed. I wish you the very best, and I hope your situation improves.

Read more
Answered on 11/27/12, 7:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri