Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

My ex and I have been legally seperated since December of 2011. Our divorce was final in May 2013. I agreed to her having physical custody of the children ages 12 and 9, but circumstances have since changed. She is addicted to pain killers and has become very sick, weak, and hateful. She verbally gets out of control with the kids. Most of the time my kids are living with her parents because she cannot take care of them. The oldest begs to come live with me and she will not allow it. She does nothing to foster a relationship between the kids and I, and even talks poorly about me to them. My kids are smart and don't fall for her lies, but it makes the situation hard. In my oppinion this is abuse. What are my chances of winning a modifiation of custody case?

Asked on 11/11/13, 3:29 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

We would need a good deal of more info to provide a competent response. From the info you do provide, I would say that you have a fair to good chance of modifying the existing Order. The best thing to do would be to consult with an experienced attorney in your area. I have been handling such cases for over 35 years, and might be able to offer my services. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 11/11/13, 3:48 pm

Mel Franke Mel G. Franke, Attorney at Law

Very good. it has to be a substantial and continuing change un circumstances and in the best interest of the children

Read more
Answered on 11/15/13, 10:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri