Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

My daughter and her husband live in MO. They attended a wedding in CA and had my daughters, daughter and her live in boy friend baby sit there house while in CA. My granddaughter and her friend each have cars but while baby sitting the house my grand daughter's friend took my son-in -laws car out for a ride and totaled it. He suffered some injuries was taken to the hospital and released, The accident was written up as neglience due to driver. Yhe only insurance the injured victim had was liability. So my son in law's insurance would only cover up to $2000.00 in medical cost. Now my question is whether or not the victim has the right to file a law suit for more?

Asked on 7/28/10, 7:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Manning James Manning, PC

It sounds like there is more coverage available. Typically, in Missouri, there will be at least $25,000 of liability coverage available. I would need to consult with you to find out for sure. Please do not hesitate to call if you would like to receive a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 8/02/10, 1:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri