Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

My daughter was in a minor vehicle accident. In the accident, the other driver did not want to police involved, and it was agreed that we would not call, but would take care of the minor damage to his vehicle. When I make payment, what form or forms should I ahve him sign so that he doesn't come back looking for more funds down the road?

Asked on 1/18/13, 9:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

There is nothing that will 100% guaranty that he won't seek more money, or even that he won't sue. But, to increase the likelihood that he won't prevail, make your payment by check, and have him sign a receipt and/or Release for all claims. It shouldn't cost much to have an attorney in your area draft one for you.

Read more
Answered on 1/18/13, 1:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri