Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

my husband swerved and went off the road to avoid an oncoming driver. the vehicles never touched and the other driver was partially on my husbands side of the road the other driver over compensated to corrct himself, went off the road and totaled his vehicle. The state trooper called it a no fault zone, and now we are being sued for the value of the other vehicle. do i need to hire an attorney

Asked on 9/08/10, 11:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

YES- You shoudl get an attorney. In most of these cases, the car that caused your husband to swerve drives away and your never knwo sho they are. In this case, you do. You shuld get an attorney (your insurer will probably pay for it) and that attorney may be able to bring a counter claim against the other driver. Call your insurance agent. They can get an attorney assigne dfor you.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 9/13/10, 2:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri